20 Great Questions to ask When Building a New Home:
There are a lot of great questions to ask when building a home, but here are 20 to get you started on your home building journey:
If you want to know the first 3 things to do once you’ve decided to build a new home, get started here.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are the most important design features to me?
- How long is our family planning on living in the new home?
- How much space does our family need?
- What are our housing plans up until our home is finished?
- When is a good time to put our old home up for sale?
- Are there any spec homes available? What are the benefits of moving into a spec home?
Questions to ask at your design center appointment:
- What are the base prices of the floorplans?
- What upgrade options are available?
- Are appliances purchased through the builder or from another source?
- What does the build timeline looking like?
- When and how can I make changes or upgrades during the building process? Also, do all decisions need to be finalized before construction begins?
- What warranties are associated with our new appliances, carpet, etc.?
Financial questions to ask when building a new home:
- Who is the preferred lender?
- What are the benefits of going through the preferred lender?
- What is included in the base price?
- How is the final cost determined, and when will we know the final cost?
Questions to ask about the community:
- Are there any homeowner rules or regulations for the community?
- Is landscaping included? Are there landscaping options?
- Another thing to consider is, what schools would our children be attending?
- Can we tour a model home in that community? (Hint: the answer is YES! We would love to have you come and tour our models!)
There are many questions to ask, and we are here to provide you with all the answers you need as you prepare to build and complete your new home!
Call us today to talk with a member of our New Village team about getting your new home started!